Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Table for One ... DENIED

Recently, I geared up to take a vacation alone. I'm more of a people person than a single-lady traveler but, off I go into the wild blue yonder.

The first few days were a confirmation that traveling solo isn't so bad. You get to do EXACTLY what YOU want to do. No compromises. And its all yours to enjoy as you wish. Now when it came to dining alone, this was the thing I was worried about. BUT ... it was great. No one looked at my like I had antenna, or gave me a sad look and there was always, but ALWAYS room for one. Until ...

My second stop along the travel trail was speckled with sundrops along the ocean water, palm tree lined streets, but NO tables for one.

"One for dinner please ... a table, a spot at the bar, whatever you have", I said with a winning smile.

"No. Nothing for ONE. It'll be about an hour."

OK ... well bad luck but on to the next place.

"No. Nothing for ONE."
Seriously? OK, third time's the charm.
Fourth time?

I pass Taco Bell and the local Liquor Mart ... I think ... heck is that my best option for a Table for One, tonight? It's a Wednesday for goodness sake. And so ... it just goes to show that everywhere is different and for me this is no place for a Table for One.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, I saw your link on fb and after attempting a blog of my own I know that a little response can be a big motivator. That being said, I always travel alone which leaves me all too familiar with the trepidation that comes with 'Table for one' (talk about 'no bueno'). But I still think the benefits of traveling alone far outweigh the drawbacks. And except for the questionable origination of the meat, what's wrong with a little Taco Bell every now and then :D

    ReplyDelete