Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Good for the goose...

Ageist Target Marketing?

As a marketer I know about target marketing, web trends, data pools and all that good stuff. I always get a pop up about a dating website or hey your single let us tell you why that sucks, lots of dog ads and cat videos because apparently single people require these in multitudes. But as I've just ebbed into a new decade I feel that the data pool for the latest swath of marketing ads is, shall we say, less than accurate.

-Walk in bathtubs installed today!

-AARP what to know when you collect your retirement benefits

-Estate planning

Now listen here fellas, I think your data is a bit off unless we are using the data pools from 1864 when the life span was dramatically shorter than today. Or maybe it's a sign of the times? Obesity, smoking, drinking, pollution, cancer will soon put you down.

But, I will say I'm slightly offended and think that 40 is not the "end times" for the major populous. So dear marketers lets not always rely on the 'systems' which is my biz, remember the good ole application of sense can only guide proper automation.

And of course if there's a new AARP promotion for the 40-something's by all means keep me posted. Riding for free on the MAX and discounted movies are good for the goose and the gander.

#40isthenewblack


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Liverpool, England

No comments:

Post a Comment